Friday, September 5, 2008

Tangent Episode Five

5 | Home on the Range

Marko and Dom were an hour away from Fort Duchesne when one of the tires gave out. Marko screeched to the side of the road, sure that the wheel was damaged. He got out and took a look at the tire. Dom got out of the car, "You got tools?"

"No."

"Well let's walk," he said as he began walking into the dirt and up the slope along the side of the hill.

"Wait," Marko intervened, "what the hell are you talking about?"

"We need to get moving, now come on."

"No we can't just go wandering out there. We're no where close to Duchesne."

Dom pulled his revolver from his belt and pointed it towards Marko.

"You either walk with me or you die."

The two stood there in silence, staring at each other for about six minutes.

"We need to get moving," Dom continued, "and we need to get moving now."

"What aren't you telling me?"

"Buddy," Dom said as Marko stepping towards him, "we need to get out of here."

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what's going on. I'm sure troopers would be happy to find my shot-and-dead ass out here in the middle of nowhere, with your bullets in me. We're being followed, aren't we."

"Yes."

"Fine, cowboy," Marko began saying as he walked past Dom to lead the way up the slope, "lets walk."

No comments: